Saha Udyog Sooji Upma is a popular and delicious South Indian breakfast dish made with semolina (suji), vegetables, and spices. It is a quick and easy dish to make and can be prepared in under 30 minutes. It is a perfect dish for a healthy breakfast as it is high in carbohydrates and protein.
- 1 cup Saha Udyog Sooji (semolina)
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, beans)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- A few curry leaves
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, and chana dal. Fry until they start to splutter.
- Add onion and fry until golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and green chili, and fry for a minute.
- Add tomato and cook until it becomes soft.
- Add mixed vegetables and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Saha Udyog sooji and fry for 2-3 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Add water, salt, and curry leaves. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the suji is fully cooked and the upma has thickened.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro (if desired).
- Serve hot with chutney or sambar.
This Saha Udyog Sooji Upma recipe is a perfect dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It is a versatile dish and you can add any vegetables of your choice to make it more nutritious. The dish is savory and has a nice texture, the addition of spices and ginger-garlic paste gives it a nice aroma and flavor. The dish is also a good source of protein and carbohydrates. You can adjust the level of spiciness to your liking by adding more or less green chili.