Saha Udyog Vermicelli Pulao is a delicious and easy-to-make rice dish that is popular in India and Pakistan.
- 1 cup Saha Udyog Vermicelli noodles
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp oil or ghee
- Cashews, raisins and fried onions (optional)
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once they start to crackle, add the chopped onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for another minute.
- Add coriander powder, garam masala and turmeric powder, and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the Saha Udyog Vermicelli and fry until they turn golden brown.
- Rinse the rice and add it to the pan, along with 2 cups of water and salt.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the water is absorbed.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and garnish with cashews, raisins and fried onions (optional).
- Serve hot and enjoy